Austro-Hungarian Forts Collection

Werk Sommo - Image 31
preview_werk_sommo_image31.jpg
CAPTURING TECHNIQUE
Photogrammetry

EQUIPMENT
DSLR Camera Nikon D3X

Focal length [mm]
24

Image resolution [pixel]
6048x4032

Aperture value
f11

Exposure time [s]
1/250

ISO
400

The image shown here is only a preview of the original.

DESCRIPTION: The fort belongs to the fourth generation of fortifications built by Austro-Hungarian army in the Trentino region between 1904 and 1914 before the outbreak of the First World War. The forts were built in concrete together with hand-carved local stone and were positioned on the top of hills and mountains, to monitor the national boundary and block the advance of Italian military troops. Each forts, with casemate, rotating domes, corridors and underground passageways to smaller reinforced blocks, were often realized with their main body completely carved in the rock in order to be camouflaged and so that only the facade was visible from outside.
DATE: 1909-1914
MATERIAL: Concrete, stone
LOCATION: Folgaria, Passo Coe, Folgaria (TN), Italy
CREDITS: Progetto VAST, Centro Documentazione Luserna, Fondazione CARITRO, 3D-ICONS, FBK-3DOM
RIGHTS: Creative Commons - Attribution, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives (BY-NC-ND)

Go to the main landing page

To request the original image contact: 3dom@fbk.eu

CREDITS |COPYRIGHT © 2014 FBK - 3DOM All rights reserved |Hosted by FBK